We have many live online classes for you to choose from. Some teachers will teach from their homes. Some will teach from the Shree studio.
At these times of communal stress, yoga and meditation offer an opportunity to ground and steady ourselves, to move and breathe more easefully. Through yoga we can connect to that which is most important. ~ Chaya
How do Zoom classes work?
- Here’s a one minute tutorial
- Create an account here and sign the waiver.
- Pay for your class here. Your first online class is only $10.
- While in your account, click on the class you want to take and make a reservation.
- You will receive and email with the link and password to join the class.
- Zoom will download and open automatically when you click on the link. Use Chrome or Safari. Close all other applications, email, notifications, and so on.
- Punchpass App: You can set a Punchpass icon on your phone home screen or desk top for easy one click access. Here’s how. (For iOS, use Safari)
- Go to full screen on your device. Turn off all phone ringers.
- Zoom will often work better if you are close to your internet wifi hub.
Before your class
- Set up your mat in a quiet, clutter free space. Have a strap, neck tie or belt and a blanket.
- The teacher will practice along with you, so you can see the poses. The teacher will periodically look for corrections and speak to you through the computer. If the class is a hybrid class, the teacher will be wearing a mask.
- See instructions for chair and restorative classes at the bottom of this page.
During your class
- Upon entering Zoom, your mic will be un-muted so we can all converse as normal. As class starts, your mic will be automatically muted to create a quiet space for all.
- Your teacher will greet you, sign you in virtually and teach the class.
- Need help? firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 201-822-1131.
For a chair yoga class you’ll need
- A sturdy, armless chair placed on a non-slip surface so the chair cannot accidentally slip
- Room around the chair to move and stand as we do in class
- Your computer, laptop, iPad or tablet at table height, facing your chair so you can easily see it
- Yoga blocks, a blanket, a strap. A few thick books will work instead of blocks. A medium towel or necktie will work instead of a strap. And, a tennis or other ball.
For a restorative yoga class you’ll need
- Your yoga mat
- 4 firm blankets OR throw blankets. Beach towels or bath sheets will also work
- A bolster OR 2 king or standard bed pillows OR 3-4 firm throw pillows or roll pillows
- An eye pillow, mask or towel to cover your eyes and help you relax deeply
- We’ll show you how to creatively use what you’ve got!